Vacancies – Jobs at Port Sunlight Garden Centre and Cafe
The Port Sunlight Garden Centre team is a talented one, we aim to grow this talent as both the Garden Centre and The Café grows!
If you have a passion for customers then please see our current job opportunities below.
If we don’t have what you are looking for now, please do check back regularly as we update this page as soon as opportunities become available.
The Accounts Assistant will report to the Managing Director. They will have responsibility for helping to maintain the completeness and accuracy of the actual financial records of the company.
The successful candidate must have a ‘can do’ attitude and be prepared to roll their sleeves up and address what needs to be done at the time, typical of an independent business.
- Personable and professional attitude
- Confidently handle finance queries from a variety of avenues (email, phone etc)
- Maintain financial records with accuracy;
Main Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
- Processing sales and purchasing transactions into the relevant accounting ledgers accurately and on time
- Cash, till and bank Reconciliations.
- Invoice processing.
- To close specific financial ledgers accurately and on time.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports.
- Assist the Managing Director with specific tasks on an as needed basis.
- The oversight and management of daily cash requirements on an as needed basis
- Process financial data into Quickbooks and make sure the data is recorded accurately
- Preparing VAT returns.
- Wage processing.
- Additional support for Health and Safety.
Key Skills required of the Accounts Assistant:
- Experienced bookkeeper
- Hands on approach with a good understanding of Quickbooks.
- Ideally has an interest in the Garden and Home sector or a desire to understand the company’s ethos
- A team player who is willing to operate cross functionally and get into the details of the accounts
- Can build and maintain strong relationships with other employees.
Salary & Benefits
Working 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary to £23k Per annum
Free parking on site
Generous staff discount in our Garden Centre and Café.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV for the attention of the Managing Director. Port Sunlight Garden Centre, The Causeway, Port Sunlight Village,
Wirral, CH62 5DY